Debonair Airways has announced that it will increase the size of its 7-strong BAe 146 fleet by leasing 5 BAe 146-300s. Although the source of the aircraft was not specified, these seem likely to be the 5 BAe 146-300s currently operated by Thai. Deliveries are to begin in October and run to June 1998. Debonair is also looking for two more BAe 146s. The aircraft will be used on new routes, probably including Munich-Berlin and Munich-Hamburg. In the longer-term, Debonair is considering ordering the Boeing/McDonnell Douglas MD-95 to replace the 146s as their leases begin expiring in 2000.
Recent news items on Debonair:
- Debonair orphans find homes (2000-04-28)
- BRAL adds former Debonair BAe 146 (2000-01-22)
- Former Debonair BAe 146 returns to Australia (1999-12-31)
- Debonair aftermath: Flightline and British Midland pick up the pieces (1999-10-30)
- Debonair grounded (1999-09-30)