British Regional Airlines has purchased an additional BAe 146 from BAe-AMJ and extended the lease on its existing BAe 146 until 2006. The new aircraft is series 200 G-GNTZ (msn E2036). She was formerly operated by Business Air on its London City to Frankfurt route. This route, which had been operated in cooperation with Lufthansa, has now been taken over by a CityLine Avro RJ85. British Regional will use its new 146 on the London Gatwick to Inverness service which BRA is taking over from British Airways. Its current BAe 146 also flies on behalf of British Airways, on routes from Manchester.
Recent news items on British Regional Airlines:
- British Airways begins to transfer Avro RJ100s to CitiExpress (2002-09-30)
- Goodbye BRAL, Hello BACX (2002-04-12)
- Manx loses its identity (2002-02-13)
- British Regional merger plans detailed (2001-05-10)
- British Airways buys British Regional (2001-03-08)