BAe 146-200 G-GNTZ (msn E2036) of British Regional Airlines (BRAL) was damaged in a bird strike after take-off from Belfast on 4 September, while operating BA7844 from Belfast to Manchester. She was ferried un-pressurized to Exeter later that same day for repairs by JEA Engineering. The airline leased 146-300 G-JEAM (msn E3128) from Jersey European during September while G-GNTZ was undergoing repairs.
Recent news items on British Regional Airlines:
- British Airways begins to transfer Avro RJ100s to CitiExpress (2002-09-30)
- Goodbye BRAL, Hello BACX (2002-04-12)
- Manx loses its identity (2002-02-13)
- British Regional merger plans detailed (2001-05-10)
- British Airways buys British Regional (2001-03-08)