Aer Lingus cancelled the majority of its flights on 6 to 8 February because of a strike by the IMPACT union which represents its cabin crew. The union is seeking pay increases. Aer Lingus Commuter operates eight BAe 146-300s on routes from Dublin to UK regional airports. Flights at SABENA were also disrupted on 7 February by a pilot walkout. The pilots were upset over possible job losses included in a cost-cutting plan. Further labor trouble is threatened at both airlines.
Recent news items on Aer Lingus:
- CityJet contracts with Air France and Lufthansa end (2019-10-31)
- Second CityJet Avro RJ85 painted in Aer Lingus colors (2019-03-21)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 painted in full Aer Lingus colors (2019-03-13)
- CityJet paints Avro RJ85 in partial Aer Lingus colors (2019-02-16)
- CityJet deal with Aer Lingus cleared (2018-12-22)