British Airways has offered to buy British Regional Airlines Group PLC (BRAL), which includes BAe 146 operators British Regional Airlines and Manx, for UKP78 million ($115 million). BRAL’s board is recommending that shareholders accept BA’s offer. BA is planning to merge British Regional with Brymon, another BA regional subsidiary. British Regional already operates as a British Airways franchisee. Manx would continue to operate in its own colors. The takeover is subject to approval by the UK’s Office of Fair Trading.
Recent news items on British Regional Airlines:
- British Airways begins to transfer Avro RJ100s to CitiExpress (2002-09-30)
- Goodbye BRAL, Hello BACX (2002-04-12)
- Manx loses its identity (2002-02-13)
- British Regional merger plans detailed (2001-05-10)
- British Airways reportedly eyeing British Regional (2000-12-14)