Stansted-based BAe 146 operator buzz will be merged with KLM’s other low-cost airline, Basiq Air, into a single airline. In March, KLM had signaled its intention to eventually consolidate its two low-cost subsidiaries by placing them under a single management team headed by Floris van Pallandt. KLM did not indicate which would be the surviving brand. buzz operates eight BAe 146-300s, but they are expected to be replaced by Boeing 737s as their leases expire.
Recent news items on buzz:
- Ryanair’s Buzz Stansted subsidiary returns to the air (2003-05-05)
- End of the line for buzz (2003-04-02)
- Ryanair takes the axe to buzz (2003-02-27)
- Ryanair buys buzz (2003-02-05)
- buzz to expand operations, but without BAe 146s (2002-10-31)