Taking advantage of low lease rates, Stansted-based buzz has agreed to lease six Boeing 737-300s. The 737s will replace six of the airline’s eight BAe 146-300s as the 146’s leases expire over the next two years. Three will be replaced in 2003 and three in 2004. buzz parent KLM uk owns the two other 146s outright. buzz already operates two 737s. KLM has announced plans to consolidate buzz with KLM’s other low-cost airline, Basiq Air, into a single airline. The two airlines are already being managed by a single management team.
Recent news items on buzz:
- Ryanair’s Buzz Stansted subsidiary returns to the air (2003-05-05)
- End of the line for buzz (2003-04-02)
- Ryanair takes the axe to buzz (2003-02-27)
- Ryanair buys buzz (2003-02-05)
- buzz to expand operations, but without BAe 146s (2002-10-31)