Exeter-based BAe 146 operator Flybe is planning a significant route expansion in March 2003, with several new services from Southampton and Birmingham. The airline will establish a new hub at Southampton, and operate services to Milano Bergamo, Genève, Dublin, Belfast City, and Jersey with a mixture of BAe 146s and Dash 8-Q400s. A further expansion will see services to Barcelona and Nice being added with the winter 2003 schedule. Other cities being considered for service include Bruxelles, Copenhagen, Lyons, Toulouse, Edinburgh, and Glasgow. From Birmingham, Flybe will add services to Milano Bergamo and to the Isle of Man. Flybe already serves ten other destinations from Birmingham. Flybe recently signed a five-year extension to its JetSpares contract with BAE Systems Regional Aircraft. The US$29 million contract provides spares support for the airline’s fifteen BAe 146s regional jets.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- Jota Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2017-05-12)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)