Köln-based WDL Aviation will operate three of its BAe 146s on behalf of Air-Berlin. The first will be based at Mönchengladbach from 1 March, operating services to London Stansted, Zürich, Vienna, and Bergamo. The second will be based at Berlin Tegel from 1 April, and fly to Zürich, Vienna, and Roma Ciampino, while the third will be based at Paderborn from 1 April. All three will be painted in full Air-Berlin colors. WDL will provide the flight crews, and Air-Berlin the cabin crews. The agreement will last at least a year, but may be extended further. WDL operated a series 200 on behalf of Deutsche BA under a similar arrangement from March 2001 to 2002. At the beginning of the year, WDL lost the long-term contract it had had to operate several 146s on shuttle flights between Airbus plants in Europe.
Recent news items on WDL:
- WDL ends flying for Air France (2017-10-31)
- WDL acquired by Zeitfreracht (2017-10-26)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)
- WDL operates BAe 146 for Brussels Airlines (2016-07-02)
- WDL BAe 146 damaged in hard landing at London City (2015-08-31)