Aer Lingus has flown its three remaining BAe 146s to the USA for storage at Mohave. The airline ended BAe 146 operations in late 2003 and returned several of them off-lease to BAE Systems at the time. The leases on the remaining aircraft run for another few years, and in the current market situation Aer Lingus has been unable to find them homes. They were stored at Dublin and Shannon for a time, but Mohave is clearly better suited for long-term storage. The first 146, EI-CLH, departed Dublin on 19 May. She was followed by EI-CLG on 16 June, and EI-CLI on 30 June.
Recent news items on Aer Lingus:
- CityJet contracts with Air France and Lufthansa end (2019-10-31)
- Second CityJet Avro RJ85 painted in Aer Lingus colors (2019-03-21)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 painted in full Aer Lingus colors (2019-03-13)
- CityJet paints Avro RJ85 in partial Aer Lingus colors (2019-02-16)
- CityJet deal with Aer Lingus cleared (2018-12-22)