Exeter-based Flybe has announced a further expansion in its services, with seven new routes from Birmingham International Airport. It will add several wet-leased Boeing 737-300s to fly these routes. The lease of the 737s is an interim measure, while the airline selects a permanent replacement for its fleet of BAe 146s. The airline operates seven series 200s and nine series 300s. Originally, they were to have been replaced with Avro RJX-100s, of which the airline had ordered fourteen. Flybe is now considering either Airbus A319s or Boeing 737s.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- Jota Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2017-05-12)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)