Air Botswana has announced that it intends to add another BAe 146 to its fleet. Air Botswana currently operates BAe 146-100 A2-ABD (msn E1101), delivered in 1989, alongside three ATR42 turboprops. The BAe 146 is used on the longer, more tourist oriented routes from Maun to Johannesburg and, since last November, Cape Town. The airline is considering adding several new routes, and the additional 146 will help it serve them, as well as providing backup capacity when its current example is undergoing maintenance.
Recent news items on Air Botswana:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Ex Air Botswana Avro RJ85 airframe donated to non-profit (2017-09-30)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s to be parted out (2016-08-06)
- Air Botswana puts its 146s up for auction (2015-05-22)