Flybe began revenue service with its first Embraer 195 on 22 September, when G-FBEA operated BE816 from Birmingham to Glasgow. The aircraft had arrived from Brazil on 3 September, and then operated a series of route proving flights. Flybe has placed firm orders for 14 ERJ 195s, and options on another 12, and intends to replace all its BAe 146s with them. With the 195 now in service, this process is beginning. Series 200 G-JEAJ (msn E2099) was returned to BAE Systems on 22 September and ferried to Kemble. Another series 200, G-JEAV (msn E2064), is in post lease maintenance at Exeter.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- Jota Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2017-05-12)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)