South African airline Airlink has been named the preferred bidder for Air Botswana by Botswana’s Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board (PPADB), beating out rival bids from Lobair Botswana (Pty) Ltd and African World Airlines (Pty) Ltd. No details of Airlink’s bid or of its plans for Air Botswana were made public. Airlink already operates Swaziland Airlink, which provides scheduled services from Swaziland. Air Botswana’s fleet includes two BAe 146-100s, which are mainly used for services from Maun to Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Recent news items on Air Botswana:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Ex Air Botswana Avro RJ85 airframe donated to non-profit (2017-09-30)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s to be parted out (2016-08-06)
- Air Botswana puts its 146s up for auction (2015-05-22)