Despite rumors that the SABENA name would be revived, the name Brussels Airlines has been chosen for the new airline created by merging SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express. The new name will be adopted officially on 25 March 2007, with the two airlines continuing to fly under their current brands until then. The new color scheme, which has so far been painted only on an Airbus A319, is broadly similar to the current SN Brussels scheme, but with a new ‘b’ logo replacing the old ‘S’ logo.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)