A shortage of pilots is preventing Brussels Airlines from flying all of its aircraft, with several BAe 146s and Avro RJs reported as being parked. The airline has lost many experienced pilots, partly as a result of higher pay offers by competitors (often combined with lower tax bills than in Belgium), and partly due to unhappiness with cost-cutting moves within Brussels Airlines that have increased flightcrew workloads.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)