The new airline that Brussels Airlines is forming in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) in cooperation with Hewa Bora Airways will be called AirDC. The airline should begin operating in early 2008, using two BAe 146-200s and a Boeing 737 supplied by Brussels Airlines. The airline’s name is partly a play on words, as when it is said in French, “AirDC” sounds the same as “RDC” — or DRC in French.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)
Recent news items on AirDC: