Flybe has denied a BBC report that some of its pilots and flight attendants had refused to fly BAe 146s because of fear over cabin fumes. The BBC report quoted one flight attendant as saying that “I will not get back on the 146 again” and a pilot saying that if he was asked to fly the 146 he would say “go take a walk”. Neither was named. However, a Flybe spokeswoman denied that any pilots or cabin crew were boycotting the 146. Flybe is gradually drawing down its once numerous BAe 146 fleet as newer Embraer 195s and Bombardier Q400s are delivered. The airline is planning to withdraw from use all its 146s by by February 2008.
Recent news items on Flybe:
- WDL flies for Flybe (2019-08-02)
- Jota Avro RJ100 enters service (2017-06-07)
- Jota Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2017-05-12)
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Flybe (2016-11-09)
- TNT switches BAe 146 maintenance contract to Flybe (2011-03-15)