Since its launch in late March, Brussels Airlines has been gradually repainting their fleet in their new colors, with aircraft following each other in the QAPS paintshop in Amsterdam. By the end of September, six of fourteen Avro RJ85s and ten of twelve RJ100s had been repainted. With the QAPS paintshop booked solid by other clients, however, the airline had to find another solution. Beginning in early October, it has been sending RJs to Norwich for painting by Sprayavia. However, these RJs have only been partially repainted, with the new tail colors applied while retaining the previous SN Brussels Airlines fuselage. To date, four RJ85s and two RJ100s have received this hybrid color scheme.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)