Iranian airline Taban Air has returned one of the two BAe 146-300s it was leasing, LZ-HBG (msn E3146), to Hemus Air. Sistership LZ-HBD (msn E3141) remains in Iran. Recent news items on Taban Air: Recent news items on Hemus Air:
Continuing the process of airline consolidation in Europe, Lufthansa is in talks to buy a stake in Brussels Airlines. The German airline has proposed acquiring 45% of Brussels Airlines parent company SN Airholding SA/NV for EUR65 million, along with an option to buy the remaining 55% in two years. Under […]
The summer of 2008 seems to be proving an unfortunate one for Flightline‘s BAe 146s. After series 200 G-OZRH (msn E2047) was damaged by a lightning strike in late July, sistership G-CLHD (msn E2023) was damaged in a thunderstorm while overnighting at Milano Malpensa on 14-15 August. Strong winds blew […]
Indian Avro RJ70 operator MDLR Airlines has sold seats on its services to low-fare carrier GoAir. Indian aviation rules require domestic airlines to operate a minimum proportion of their services to poorly-connected smaller cities, but airlines can meet this requirement by buying capacity on other airlines. This is what GoAir […]
Brussels Airlines began phasing out its six BAe 146s. Series 200 OO-DJE (msn E2164) was withdrawn from use and parked on 10 August, joining OO-DJJ (msn E2196) and OO-MJE (msn E2192) who are still awaiting their departure to the Democratic Republic of Congo. Meanwhile, OO-DJF (msn E2167) is being used […]
Future Avro RJ100 operator Riau Airlines resumed operations on 8 August. The airline had been grounded since 27 July, after the Indonesian Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) suspended its operating certificate due to several safety-critical positions being vacant. The airline’s chief pilot and its manager of operations had both […]
Flightline BAe 146-200 G-OZRH (msn E2047) was damaged by a lightning strike while operating from Aberdeen to Scatsta on 30 July. The 146 was being operated on oil industry support flights. She was ferried unpressurized to Aberdeen for repairs, which took about a week. During this time, Flightline borrowed BAe […]
Flightline contract to operate a BAe 146 of behalf of Swiss ended on July 31. Series 300 G-FLTC (msn E3205) had been used for the services, although series 200 G-OZRH (msn E2047) filled in for a time while G-FLTC was on maintenance at Southend.
A new Moroccan airline, Tingair, is reported to be planning to launch services from Tanger using two former Flybe BAe 146-300s.
Spanish airline Orionair began operating services Salerno airport at Pontecagnano, near Napoli, on 2 August. The airline is operating the services under the ‘VolaSalerno’ brand, on behalf of Roma-based broker Global Aviation Network (GAN), who has received a contract to do so from local authorities. Orionair is basing one of […]