Lufthansa has agreed to buy a 45% stake in Brussels Airlines parent company SN Airholding SA/NV for EUR65 million. The German airline also has an option to acquire the remaining 55% from 2011, at a price dependent on how Brussels Airlines is performing. The announced deal follows closely the proposal that had been presented last month. Although other airlines, including British Airways and Hainan Airlines, expressed an interest in acquiring the Belgian airline, Brussels Airlines ultimately went ahead with Lufthansa. The deal is subject to regulatory approval. Lufthansa plans to keep Brussels Airlines largely independent, as it has done with Swiss.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)