The European Commission has opened an in-depth investigation into Lufthansa‘s planned acquisition of Brussels Airlines. Lufthansa has agreed to buy a 45% stake in Brussels Airlines parent company SN Airholding SA/NV for EUR65 million, with an option to later acquire the remaining 55%. The Commission is concerned that the takeover would result in monopolies on several routes from Belgium to Germany and Switzerland, and found Lufthansa’s proposed remedies inadequate. A final decision is due by 10 June.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)