German BAe 146 operator WDL Aviation is aquiring two more BAe 146s. The airline has bought former CityJet series 300s EI-DEX (msn E3157) and EI-DEW (msn E3142). Both had been in storage at Norwich. EI-DEX was re-registered as D-AMAX, and left Norwich on 18 February. She had been due to leave earlier, but delivery was delayed because of engine problems. She is now at WDL’s base at Köln being prepared for service. EI-DEW is being prepared by KLM Engineering and should follow shortly. Flying has been limited at WDL since the end of the SAS contract late last year. The company recently underwent an IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), as having completed an IOSA is required for future contracts.
Recent news items on WDL:
- WDL BAe 146s fly for EasyJet (2018-01-11)
- WDL BAe 146s once again flying in France (2017-12-07)
- WDL ends flying for Air France (2017-10-31)
- WDL acquired by Zeitfreracht (2017-10-26)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)