Business class is coming back to Brussels Airlines‘ Avro RJs. The airline had discontinued business class following the merger of SN Brussels Airlines and Virgin Express, focusing instead on a low-cost model with a single cabin, but with a premium fare level, “b.flex”, offering flexible and refundable tickets and additional amenities compared to the cheaper “b-light” fares. From 28 March, Brussels Airlines will resume offering a business class, with traditional European business class levels of service. It does not appear that the 2-3 seating on the Avro RJs will be re-configured, however. Rather, the middle seat will be blocked off in rows used for business class. The number of flight attendants is also expected to remain the same.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)
- Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 fleet down to a single aircraft (2017-09-30)