Lufthansa subsidiary Eurowings continues to hand back its BAe 146s off-lease to BAE Systems. The second to leave the fleet, series 300 D-AEWP (msn E3165), was ferried from Nüremberg to Exeter on 22 June for hand-back maintenance by Flybe.
The European Commission approved Lufthansa‘s acquisition of Brussels Airlines on 22 June. Lufthansa is to buy a 45% stake in Brussels Airlines parent company SN Airholding SA/NV for EUR65 million, with an option to acquire the remaining 55% in 2011. The approval is conditional upon the implementation of a set […]
CityLine is marking its 50th anniversary with special markings on its aircraft. The airline operated its first service, as Ostfriesische Lufttaxi (OLT), on 17 June 1959. It began scheduled regional services in 1974 under the name DLT Luftverkehrsgesellschaft. In 1978, it began cooperating with Lufthansa, a process which increased over […]
Italian airline Mistral Air withdrew one of its two BAe 146-200QT freighters from service in mid June. I-TNTC (msn E2078) was ferried to Norwich on 16 June and placed in storage. She is advertised for sale. Mistral Air took delivery of I-TNTC in late 1987, making her almost 22 years […]
The first BAe 146-300 for new Maltese airline Efly, former Flybe 9H-ELE (msn E3209 ex G-JEBG) was ferried from Exeter to Malta on 17 June. She was still wearing the basic red and black colors of the promotional scheme for Mansion that she wore during her last months with Flybe.
Following a lengthy dispute between BAE Systems and its insurance company, a decision has been made to break up Avro RJ100 G-BXAR (msn E3298). She was damaged in a landing accident at London City on 13 February while operating for BA CityFlyer. A scaffolding has been erected around the aircraft […]
Italian airline Club Air was formally declared bankrupt by a tribunal in Milano on 3 June. The airline was operating an Avro RJ70 and an RJ85 when its license was withdrawn by the Italian civil aviation authority, ENAC, in May 2008, because of of its continued financial and organizational troubles, […]
The fuselage of former Air Wisconsin BAe 146-200 N607AW (msn E2052) will be used to test the airtanker system that will eventually be fitted to E2111 by Minden. E2052 had been broken up at Summerside by lessor Tronos in late 2006. The fuselage had then been used in Tronos’ own […]
Former Linus Airways BAe 146-200 PK-LNI (msn E2204) is being prepared for delivery to PT Nusantara Air Charter (NAC) as PK-JKW by Indopelita. PK-LNI has been stored at Indopelita’s facility at Pondok Cabe since Linus ended operations in late April. She will be operated in a VIP configuration for the […]
Indonesia’s Directorate General of Air Transportation (Dephub) has revoked the licence of BAe 146 operator Linus Airways. Linus had suspended operations on 27 April as a result of financial difficulties. Under Indonesian regulations, airlines may only suspend operations for a maximum of 30 days. The airline has been negotiating with […]