Titan Airways is operating a BAe 146-300 on behalf of the United Kingdom’s Ministry of Defence (MoD). Titan leased former Eurowings BAe 146-300 G-BUHB (msn E3183 ex D-AEWB) from BAE Systems to fulfil the contract. Titan CEO Gene Willson said that “[w]e had to work around the clock over the past few weeks with our colleagues from BAE Systems to structure a lease that worked commercially and yet provided the MoD with the required capability at very short notice.” D-AEWB had been returned by Eurowings in August, and had been stored at Southend since September. She left Southend on 14 November to begin the MoD contract, routing via Brindisi and Sharm el Sheik.
Previous news items on Titan Airways:
- Former Titan BAe 146QC scrapped (2016-07-31)
- Titan Airways ends BAe 146 operations (2013-11-14)
- Skyforce to add BAe 146QCs (2013-04-12)
- BAE Systems signs new spares support deal for Malmö Aviation (2013-02-15)
- Snowjet to end direct sales to the public (2012-05-31)