Neptune Aviation is testing the Tronos BAe 146 air tanker at its base in Missoula, Montana. The tests consist of dropping retardant over a field in thousands of fence posts have been placed, with plastic cups attached to the tops. The amount of retardant in each cup is then measured to determine the distribution and density of retardant dropped. BAe 146-200 N146FF ‘Tanker 40’ (msn E2049) was modified by Tronos to carry a 3,000 US gal internal tank with four drop chutes.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)