Chile’s Aerovías DAP has added a second leased BAe 146-200 to its fleet. The latest addition is former Atlantic Airways BAe 146-200 OY-RCB (msn E2094) on a lease-purchase arrangement from the Faeroese airline. She departed Vagar on delivery to Chile on 26 October as CC-ACO, piloted by Captain Sergio Cortés and First Officer Diego Arriagada, arriving at Aerovías DAP’s base in Punta Arenas on 30 October. She joins BAe 146-200 CC-CZP (msn E2042), who has been flying for the airline for the last three years. Aerovías DAP plans to use the second 146 to consolidate its growing Antarctic operations and to ensure they have a backup in case of need. In addition to Antarctic flights, the 146s will also fly tourist charters from destinations in Patagonia, such as Ushuaia and El Calafate.
Recent news items on Aerovías DAP:
- Aerovías DAP paints Avro RJ100 in penguin colors (2019-12-05)
- Aerovías DAP withdraws Boeing 737s (2019-07-19)
- Aerovías DAP paints second BAe 146 in penguin livery (2018-12-22)
- Second Aerovías DAP Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-11-10)
- Aerovías DAP adds BAe 146-100 (2018-11-03)