After Balkan Hemus Group (BHG), owner of Hemus Air and Viaggio Air, bought Bulgaria Air in January 2007, the airlines were at first kept separate. In May 2009, it was announced that Bulgaria Air and Hemus Air would continue to operate separately so as not to lose Hemus Air’s air carrier licence. Despite that announcement, the two airlines have been quietly merged, with all traces of the Hemus name gradually vanishing from the joint website. The name remained painted on Hemus’ BAe 146s, however – except for those that returned off-lease from other carriers, who were operated in anonymous all-white schemes devoid of any titles whatsoever. The first BAe 146s were finally painted in a new Bulgaria Air color scheme in December, with both LZ-HBF (msn E3159) and LZ-HBG (msn E3159) being painted before year’s end.
Recent news items on Bulgaria Air:
- Bulgaria Air retires its last BAe 146 – Again (2016-06-22)
- Bulgaria Air puts BAe 146 back into service (2014-08-25)
- Former Bulgaria Air BAe 146-300s now in Iran (2013-05-15)
- Former Bulgaria Air BAe 146s sold to Ukraine (2013-02-28)
- Bulgaria Air withdraws BAe 146s (2012-12-31)
Recent news items on Hemus Air: