Titan Airways has purchased former BA CityFlyer Avro RJ100 G-CFAA (msn E3373) from BAE Systems. Continuing Titan’s tradition of giving aircraft registrations with comic-book sounds, and having run out of “ZAPs”, she has been registered in the “POW” range as G-POWF. She will initially replace BAe 146-200QT G-ZAPO (msn E2176) on the Ministry of Defence contract, but will later be available for charter. Next winter, she is likely to be used for flights to Sion by Titan subsidiary Snowjet, offering increased capacity on the popular route. G-CFAA had been the last RJ100 to leave BA CityFlyer’s fleet. After handback maintenance, she was returned off-lease to BAE Systems, and was stored at Kemble. She was delivered to Stansted on January 27, and registered to Titan on the following day.
Previous news items on Titan Airways:
- Former Titan BAe 146QC scrapped (2016-07-31)
- Titan Airways ends BAe 146 operations (2013-11-14)
- Skyforce to add BAe 146QCs (2013-04-12)
- BAE Systems signs new spares support deal for Malmö Aviation (2013-02-15)
- Snowjet to end direct sales to the public (2012-05-31)