Australia’s Cobham Aviation Services has exercised its options to buy two BAe 146s that it has been leasing from BAE Systems. The two 146s are series 100 VH-NJR (msn E1152) and series 300 VH-NJN (msn E3217). Both have been in Australia for almost two decades, VH-NJR having first been leased by National Jet Systems (as Cobham was then known) in 1992, and VH-NJR in 1994. Both were operated on behalf of QantasLink for many years; they are now operated on mining industry ‘fly in fly out’ (FIFO) flights.
Recent news items on Cobham Aviation Services:
- BAe 146 nose donated to South Australian Aviation Museum (2018-06-18)
- Newest Cobham Avro RJ100 enters service (2018-03-30)
- Cobham acquires former ASL BAe 146QT (2018-03-20)
- Cobham Aviation adds former Swiss Avro RJ100 (2018-01-21)
- Cobham contract for Barrow Island flights renewed (2017-09-08)