The first Avro RJ85 to leave Brussels Airlines‘ fleet, OO-DJK (msn E2271), departed Bruxelles for Bacău on 21 February. After hand-back maintenance, she is scheduled to be ferried directly to the United Kingdom. OO-DJK is the first of five RJ85s that the airline will return off-lease to BAE Systems this year, although a sixth whose lease is also ending will be retained for the time being. OO-DJK’s departure reduced Brussels Airline’s Avro RJ fleet to 13 RJ85s and 12 RJ100s. The airline is adding four Airbus A319s and two A320s this year.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- Brussels Airlines continues to draw down its Avro RJ100 fleet (2017-05-20)
- BAE Systems marks Swiss BAe 146/Avro RJ anniversary (2017-03-28)
- Former Brussels Airlines Avro RJ85 broken up at Kemble (2017-03-25)
- Former Brussels Airlines Avro RJ85 broken up at Baneasa (2017-02-27)
- Avro RJ retirements looming in Europe (2017-01-13)