It was deja vu all over again at Air Botswana, as it took delivery of BAe 146-100 A2-ABF (msn E1160) for the third time. The airline had first leased A2-ABF from 1991 to 1994, and then again from 2005 to 2009. She has been at Southend since, awaiting conversion to ABJ configuration by Inflite Engineering Services, a project that fell through. She departed Southend on 20 May, routing initially through Athens.
Recent news items on Air Botswana:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Ex Air Botswana Avro RJ85 airframe donated to non-profit (2017-09-30)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s to be parted out (2016-08-06)
- Air Botswana puts its 146s up for auction (2015-05-22)