Neptune Aviation has resumed testing the Tronos BAe 146 air tanker, series 200 N146FF ‘Tanker 40’ (msn E2049), at its base in Missoula, Montana. An initial series of tests in August 2010 had fallen short of the Interagency Air Tanker Board’s standards with respect to line lengths for the higher coverage levels. Modifications were made to the drop tank outlets over the winter in an effort to improve results. The tests involve multiple passes over a test grid established on the southern side of Missoula International Airport, with drops being made from each of the four drop tanks individually and in combination.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)