Iran’s Mahan Air is adding its first Avro RJ100s to its BAe 146 fleet. As in the past, these arrived via Ukraine. Former Sky Wings RJ100s UR-CJW (msn E3358 ex SX-DMC) and UR-CKF (msn E3341 ex SX-DMA) were both ferried to Tehran in late September. A further BAe 146-300 was also recently added, in the form of EP-MOD (msn E3162 ex N256LJ), also via Ukraine, bringing the airline’s fleet of that model to seven. Several of the 146s have recently been re-registered in Iran, with UR-CJM (msn E3129) becoming EP-MOE, and UR-CIL (E3149) becoming EP-MOF.
Recent news items on Mahan Air:
- US extends sanctions on Mahan Air (2018-06-03)
- Mahan Air retires 146th BAe 146 (2017-12-08)
- Report blames pilot error for Mahan Air BAe 146 runway over-run (2017-04-24)
- Iranian President flies on Mahan Air Avro RJ85 (2017-04-08)
- Mahan Air Avro BAe 146 damaged in runway overrun (2016-06-20)