After several years’ absence, the BAe 146 will once again be used commercially within Canada. North Cariboo Air has acquired former Jazz series 200 C-GRNT (msn E2140). C-GRNT has been in storage at Calgary since June 2005. A sale to Mexico’s Ka’an Beel Air (KBA) fell through in 2008. In 2010 she was sold to Canada’s Avmax, but plans to operate her for Axmax subsidiary Regional 1 airline also fell through, and she remained in storage at Calgary. North Cariboo plans to base her at Calgary and use her primarily in support of the oil sands industry. The airline has also acquired C-FBAV (msn E2121) for use as a spares source. Like C-GRNT, C-FBAV has been in storage at Calgary since 2005.
Recent news items on North Cariboo Air:
- Canadian RJ100s fly to the UK for maintenance (2018-04-15)
- North Cariboo Air uses Avro RJ85 as a cabin trainer (2017-06-15)
- North Cariboo Avro RJ100 grows mustaches (2016-11-11)
- Summit Air Avro RJ85 helps evacuate town threatened by forest fire (2016-05-13)
- Second Avro RJ100 delivered to North Cariboo Air (2014-05-04)