Canada’s Conair Group has taken delivery of a former Lufthansa Avro RJ85, probably for conservion to air tanker. N839AC (msn E2270 ex D-AVRI) had flown her last service in December 2010, and then been stored at Köln. After handback maintenance at Stansted in April 2011, she was placed in storage at Southend. She was registered G-CLHX on 6 October, but never carried those marks, being re-registered N839AC on 17 October. She departed Southend on 12 November, but returned with a hydraulics problem. After this was fixed, she departed again on 13 November.
Recent news items on Conair:
- RJ85 air tanker switches states and number (2018-12-09)
- Third Avro RJ85 air tanker arrives in Australia (2018-12-01)
- Avro RJ85 air tankers operate in Queensland (2018-12-01)
- Second Conair RJ85 air tanker arrives in Australia (2018-10-27)
- Conair Avro RJ85 tanker to operate in Australia again (2018-08-31)