With Texas’ wildfires finally under control, Neptune Aviation‘s BAe 146-200 air tanker N146FF ‘Tanker 40’ (msn E2049), moved on to California on 8 December, to help with some remaining fires there. She was based at the US Forest Service’s (USFS) base at Porterville, and made her first drop on a fire southeast of Hollister on 17 December. Tanker 40 is operating under an interim contract, on a Call-When-Needed (CWN) basis.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers help fight California fires (2018-11-15)
- Neptune air tankers return to service (2018-11-10)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers begin to come home (2018-10-08)