Just before the new year, the US Forest Service (USFS) announced that it had awarded a one year contract to Neptune Aviation‘s BAe 146-200 air tanker N146FF ‘Tanker 40′ (msn E2049). This fall, she operated under an interim contract, helping fight fires in Texas and California. N146FF is currently at Tronos’ base at Summerside for a C-Check, having ferried there just before Christmas.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)