Neptune Aviation continues to add to its fleet of BAe 146 air tankers. In mid-January, the company rolled out its fourth 146 tanker, N473NA/Tanker 01 (msn E2045). Then, in mid-February, it received former Air Wisconsin 146-200 N291UE (msn E2084) from Tronos. Once she has been converted to air tanker configuration, she will become Tanker 02. She is expected to be ready in August. Neptune is now installing a revised tank system, designated as ‘Rev 300’, which corrects the problems encountered on the system installed in the first two tankers.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers activated (2019-07-25)
- More Neptune BAe 146 air tankers back in action (2019-05-25)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tanker makes first drop of 2019 fire season (2019-03-09)
- Last Neptune tankers come home (2018-12-02)
- Neptune BAe 146 air tankers return home for Thanksgiving (2018-11-25)