Lufthansa has postponed to next year a decision on whether to exercise its option of buying the balance of Brussels Airlines. The german airline acquired a 45 percent stake in the Belgian airline in 2008, and has an option to acquire the balance of the shares, which it can exercise up to 2014. Lufthansa indicated the primary reason for the delay was that it already had its hands full dealing with the restructuring of Austrian Airlines and the sale of BMI. At the same time, Lufthansa wrote down the value of its stake in Brussels Airlines by EUR13 million.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)