Philippine airline SkyJet began flying between Manila and Basco, in Batanes Province, in early April. Lionair is operating BAe 146-200 RP-C5525 (msn E2031) on SkyJet’s behalf. The flights are chartered to the Batanes Cultural Travel Agency (BCTA), as the airline has not been able to secure a permit to operate scheduled passenger flights. Flights are operated three times a week, and take a little over an hour in each direction.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)