Brussels Airlines took over the route between Bruxelles and Basel from Swiss on 21 May. Brussels will operate two roundtrips every weekday between the two airports, and one on Sunday, using Avro RJ85s or RJ100s. The flights will be codeshared with Swiss. The move allows Swiss to use its RJ100s to resume flights from Basel to London City. That move, in turn, was forced by the Lufthansa Group’s sale of bmi, as the British airline had provided a codeshare service to London Heathrow.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)
- Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 fleet down to a single aircraft (2017-09-30)