The third BAe 146-300 for Ghanaian airline Starbow was ferried from Bucuresti Baneasa to Southend on 11 May. G-BUHB (msn E3183) had had been stored at Bucuresti’s Baneasa airport since November 2010. She was recently purchased from Falko by Riva Investments for onward lease to Starbow. She had been due for delivery in April, but when a crew arrived at Baneasa to pick her up, they found that no work had yet been done on her. The delay forced Starbow to lease 146-300 ZS-SMO (msn E3169) from South Africa’s Fair Aviation.
Recent news items on Starbow Airlines:
- Starbow Airlines shuts down (2018-01-06)
- Starbow Avro RJ100 flown to Malta (2017-12-02)
- Starbow suspends operations (2017-11-26)
- Executive Jet Support acquires former Starbow BAe 146 for parts (2017-06-08)
- Avro RJ100 delivered to Starbow (2016-09-18)