Philippine airline SkyJet has applied to operate a new route from Manila to Virac, the capital of Catanduanes Province, from 1 July. The first flight would be operated by the airline’s BAe 146-200, RP-C5525 (msn E2031). SkyJet was founded to operate flights to Batanes, but had to suspend those services in early June as it awaits a permanent license. It thus pounced on the opportunity to take over the route to Virac after incumbent Zest Air pulls out on 29 June. Zest Air had previously been known as Asian Spirit, at which time it had flown BAe 146s. It is using a Xian MA-60 turboprop to Virac.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)