Philippine BAe 146 operator SkyJet was forced to suspend its flights from Manila to Basco, in Batanes, on 11 June, when its provisional permit expired. Passengers with bookings beyond 11 June were accommodated on competitor Seair. The airline is applying for a permanent license, which it hopes to receive in July, thus allowing flights to resume. Lionair operated BAe 146-200 RP-C5525 (msn E2031) on SkyJet’s behalf on this route. In mid May, the SkyJet titles were replaced with those of the Batanes Cultural Travel Agency (BCTA), which is the driving force behind the effort.
Recent news items on SkyJet:
- Newest SkyJet BAe 146 makes test flight (2019-11-14)
- SkyJet starts new route to San Vicente (2019-07-17)
- SkyJet inaugurates service to Camiguin (2019-05-06)
- SkyJet plans new route to Camiguin (2019-03-27)
- Bureau of Customs orders forfeiture of impounded SkyJet BAe 146 (2018-07-18)