Iran’s Mahan Air continues to add BAe 146s to its fleet. The latest addition, EP-MOC, which was first noted at Tehran on 22 April in the airline’s full colors, is now believed to be msn E3158 ex G-UKRC. A former Eurowings aircraft, E3158 had been purchased by Manston-based Aviation Capital Solutions in 2010. She was ferried to Corlu, Turkey, in June of that year, still wearing basic Lufthansa Regional colors. The registration was cancelled in March 2011. She apparently remained at Corlu until March of this year, when she was reported leaving. If the identification of EP-MOC as E3158 is correct, Mahan Air’s 146 fleet now stands at six, the others being EP-MOB (msn E3212), EX-27000 (msn E3216), UR-CIL (msn E3149), UR-CJJ (msn E3129), and UR-CJM (msn E3129).
Recent news items on Mahan Air:
- US extends sanctions on Mahan Air (2018-06-03)
- Mahan Air retires 146th BAe 146 (2017-12-08)
- Report blames pilot error for Mahan Air BAe 146 runway over-run (2017-04-24)
- Iranian President flies on Mahan Air Avro RJ85 (2017-04-08)
- Mahan Air Avro BAe 146 damaged in runway overrun (2016-06-20)