Air Botswana has placed into service the first of two former CityLine Avro RJ85s. A2-ABG (msn E2303 ex D-AVRP) departed Köln for Gaborone on 16 August. She flew her first service, from Gaborone to Harare as BP264, on 3 September. She joins BAe 146-100 A2-ABF (msn E1160), who has recently returned to service after repairs following her engine failure on 11 August. Another 146-100, A2-ABD (msn E1101), is in storage at Gaborone. Air Botswana is scheduled to receive a second RJ85, D-AVRQ (msn E3204), next month.
Recent news items on Air Botswana:
- Former Air Botswana BAe 146 parted out (2018-01-06)
- Ex Air Botswana Avro RJ85 airframe donated to non-profit (2017-09-30)
- Air Botswana BAe 146 ferried to the Philippines (2017-08-26)
- Air Botswana Avro RJ85s to be parted out (2016-08-06)
- Air Botswana puts its 146s up for auction (2015-05-22)