Brussels Airlines withdrew its last Avro RJ85 with the introduction of its winter schedule on 25 October. After first withdrawing its BAe 146s from service, the airline began withdrawing its fourteen RJ85s in early 2011. By the beginning of September, four RJ85s remained. OO-DJY (msn E2302) operated her last service, a roundtrip to Firenze, on 1 September, and was then ferried to Southend on 11 September. The three remaining RJ85s (OO-DJP msn E2287, OO-DJX msn E2297, and OO-DJZ msn E2305) are still at Bruxelles. Most are due to be ferried to the United Kingdom in the near future, though one will remain as a back up until the spring of 2013. The airline has also withdrawn all of its Boeing 737s. Brussels Airlines still operates twelve RJ100s.
Recent news items on Brussels Airlines:
- CityJet Avro RJ85 flies for Brussels Airlines (2019-12-10)
- CityJet Avro RJ85s fly for Brussels Airlines (2018-05-29)
- Last Brussels Airlines Avro RJ100 returned to lessor (2017-11-16)
- Brussels Airlines says goodbye to the Avro RJ100 (2017-10-30)
- Brussels Airlines operates last Avro RJ100 service (2017-10-28)