Tronos has delivered the third BAe 146 air tanker to Neptune Aviation Services. The former Flybe series 200 N472NA (msn E2138) was converted at Tronos’ Summerside base. She was then ferried to Missoula, via Green Bay, on 24 October. Though sporting Neptune’s red tail, her light blue underside reveals her Flybe heritage. In Neptune service, she will become “Tanker 10”, taking up the marks previously used by a P2V Neptune that was retired in 2012 because of wing cracks. The U.S. Forest Service (USFS) had awarded Neptune a contract to operate two additional 146 air tankers, but this contract was challenged by several losing bidders, and will now be reposted.
Recent news items on Neptune Aviation:
- Neptune Aviation becomes an all-BAe 146 operator (2017-09-30)
- Neptune Aviation rolls out latest BAe 146 air tanker (2017-05-31)
- Neptune acquires former Daallo BAe 146 (2016-11-21)
- Competitors protest Neptune Aviation contract (2014-01-08)
- Neptune Aviation awarded new air tanker contract (2013-12-13)